Wednesday 4 April 2012

Thank You...

Thank you for being with me and teaching me how to live well,
Thank you for the guiding hand, on rough roads and every swell,
Thank you for your support when decisions I made proved wrong,
Thanks for the pat on my back when I sang a meaningful song.

Thank you for being the light in alleys too dark for me,
Sometimes when in the dark, I need others to see,
Thank you, for repaying me in kind for hurtful deed,
That in remembrance I may be sensitive to another person's need.

I don’t think I have thanked you well enough,
For all the things you did, “blah, blah, blah” and all that stuff,
Sometimes a ride is taken for granted,
Without much sensitivity to the needs of those wanted.

But I really want you to know,
That in the midst of the sunshine and the afterglow,
You are the greatest gift from God to me, a reflection of his love,
You are my prayer for renewal and the answer from above.

- AAMoK -

(AAMoK's Cubicle, Johor Bahru, 8th August 2011, 4.00 pm)

No comments: