Tuesday 4 March 2008

I Realized...

I realized ...
That each time we say sorry,
It is often too late;
That the words are often meaningless,
Unless spoken with much inner senses,
Utter realization & self-depreciation.

I realized ...
That each time we argue,
It is often heated and prolonged;
That the hatred goes deep down inside,
Like a long list of vengeance accumulated,
Like an array of mistakes collaborated.

I realized ...
That each time we face each other,
At a time of remorse & anger,
We seldom see things eye to eye;
And we tend to suffocate each other,
With feelings of resentment & despair,
Not that we abhor each other so much,
But it is often with so much love for another,
THAT WE OFTEN TEND TO HURT THE ONE WE LOVE MOST.

I realized ...
That each time your anger meets mine,
No one tends to retreat;
We continue to set fire ablaze,
Permitting our emotions to outweigh our wisdom,
Like two storms in a teacup,
Like two blades swirling at one another.

But I also realized ...
That each time we quarrel & squabble,
My feelings for you grow stronger.
My senses are heightened & my emotions magnified,
By a sentiment so fervent & passionate,
That I become longing for you,
Your touches and your loving,
That the word missing you,
Could only be a portion of my deep sensitivity,
To what you may consider lame & futile,

But please realize ...
I am just being true to my feelings.

- Adam Mikael Aris -

No comments: